Greg Nairn advises clients on the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, rapid adjudication and arbitration, construction contract claims and litigation of major construction disputes.
While Greg’s focus is all areas of construction law, he also has extensive experience as a litigator.
Greg graduated with Honours from the University of Western Australia in 1998.
Greg's experience includes:
- Appearing as counsel on appeals before the High Court of Australia and the Court of Appeal (Western Australia).
- Appearing as sole trial counsel.
- Representing clients at coronial inquests before the State Coroner.
Greg’s key recent experience includes:
- Acting for an onshore piping contractor in ongoing Supreme Court proceedings in relation to construction of a pipeline in the Mid West of WA.
- Ongoing dispute/claims management advice, including multiple adjudication applications for formwork subcontractor in relation to major dispute against main contractor on hospital project.
- Ongoing dispute/claims management advice to a main contractor constructing an onshore processing plant in relation to ongoing disputes with a major subcontractor.
- Acting for mining services contractor in expert determination proceedings arising out of dispute related to a NSW mine.
- Advising contractor in expert determination proceedings arising out of dispute related to a NSW mine.
- Advising major oil and gas industry subcontractor in relation to claims relating to major offshore construction project.
- Advising asset owner constructing large scale offshore oil and gas facility in relation to disputes with a major pipeline subcontractor.
- Preparation of applications and responses for subcontractors engaged in multiple major adjudication disputes in relation to Roy Hill project.
- Advising government developer in respect of claims against contractors for road failures in remote Western Australia.
- Acting for syndicate of asset owners in relation to construction defects relating to redevelopment of industrial warehouse.
- Preparation of bespoke construction, supply and consultancy agreements for a variety of clients.
- Advising major Australian bank in relation to construction contract risk and tripartite deed for CBD office tower.
- Preparation and negotiation of construction contract packages on behalf of developers for:
- Redevelopment of CBD officer tower.
- Construction of multi-storey apartments including negotiations with builder and financier (tripartite).