Greg Nairn advises clients in respect of all matters relating to construction law, both front and back end.
Greg graduated with Honours from the University of Western Australia in 1998.
Aside from contract drafting and procurement advice, Greg has extensive litigation experience which includes:
- appearing as counsel on appeals before the High Court of Australia and the Court of Appeal (Western Australia); and
- conducting trials as sole counsel.
Greg’s key recent experience includes:
- Acting for an onshore piping contractor in Supreme Court proceedings in relation to construction of a pipeline in remote Western Australia.
- Acting for shopping centre owner in relation to expert determination proceedings related to dispute with builder arising out of shopping centre redevelopment.
- Preparation and negotiation of construction contract packages on behalf of developers for:
- Redevelopment of CBD officer tower;
- Construction of multi-storey apartments including negotiations with builder and financier (tripartite); and
- Redevelopment of a shopping centre.
- Providing ongoing dispute/claims management advice, including multiple adjudication applications for formwork subcontractor in relation to dispute against main contractor on hospital project.
- Providing ongoing dispute/claims management advice to a main contractor constructing an onshore processing plant in relation to ongoing disputes with a major subcontractor.
- Acting for mining services contractor in expert determination proceedings arising out of closure of a gold mine.
- Acting for owners in arbitration against builder of an industrial warehouse involving defective concrete.
- Acting for owners’ corporation in successful proceedings against builder for defective workmanship claims concerning luxury apartment complex.
- Advising major oil and gas industry subcontractor in relation to claims relating to major offshore construction project.
- Advising asset owner constructing large scale offshore oil and gas facility in relation to disputes with a major pipeline subcontractor.
- Advising major contractor in relation to strategic management of long term road maintenance contract.
- Preparation of applications and responses for subcontractors engaged in multiple major adjudication disputes in relation to Roy Hill project.
- Advising government developer in respect of claims against contractors for road failures in remote Western Australia.
- Acting for syndicate of asset owners in relation to construction defects relating to redevelopment of industrial warehouse.
- Preparation of suites of construction, supply and consultancy agreements for a variety of clients.
- Advising Australian banks in relation to construction contract risks and tripartite deeds.