Employee Well-Being Policy
Lavan places a high value on the health and well-being of its employees and is committed to providing an environment that encourages a healthy workforce. As a responsible employer with a ‘duty of care’ to its staff members, Lavan seeks to gain a balance between business and personal pressures and demands.
Lavan recognises the importance of taking steps to reduce workplace stressors, which invariably affect the work-home interface. Providing training and good management at work has benefits that extend into all areas of life.
Partners and staff are offered the following health and related benefits:
- personal training and pilates classes are offered throughout the week to all staff.
- the firm makes a financial contribution towards gym memberships when staff members sign up for a minimum of 12 months.
- a continental breakfast is available in the Staff Lounge each morning where Foxtel is also provided. This venue is open all day for staff to eat lunch or meet up with colleagues in a relaxed and comfortable environment with first class facilities provided.
- staff are invited to have a drink and relax in the Staff Lounge at the end of their working day.
- seminars on health, stress and personal well-being are provided to all staff on a regular basis throughout the year.
- flu injections are offered to all staff each year.
- Lavan supports and actively encourages staff to participate in various sporting activities including the Rottnest Swim, HBF Run for a Reason and The City to Surf.
- counselling is provided to staff members as required.
- ergonomic assessments are available if required.
- the firm has a Corporate Healthcare Agreement with HBF and is able to offer staff a discount on their membership fees.
- Lavan provides all new staff with a thorough and intensive induction programme to assist them to settle in and to provide information on the firm’s policies and procedures as well as systems training. As part of the induction programme staff members are advised from the outset where they can turn for help and support.
Lavan complies with all relevant local and national laws and regulations with regard to occupational health and safety and the provision of health related benefits to staff members.