See all areas and industries
Lavan’s team of family law lawyers can assist and represent you through the process of applying for or defending a spousal maintenance application, including in the Family Court of Western Australia. We can:
- Provide you with preliminary advice and assess whether you are potentially eligible for spousal maintenance under the Family Law Act 1975 or liable to pay it to your former partner.
- Use legal expertise to assess you and your former partner/spouse’s current financial position in the context of a spousal maintenance claim.
- If you are potentially eligible for spousal maintenance or liable to pay it, we will work to negotiate a favourable settlement for you, thereby avoiding unnecessary litigation in the Family Court and legal costs.
- In the absence of an out-of-court agreement, we can represent you in the Family Court in relation to your spousal maintenance application.
- If necessary, we will draft and lodge all required documentation at the Family Court setting out your claim or defence for spousal maintenance.
In critical circumstances, we will ensure quick turnarounds on drafting and lodging your application with the Family Court so as to secure you an urgent Family Court hearing.
Other areas of family law you might also be interested in: