Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To create, promote and maintain an environment within the firm in which its people fairly and instinctively consider and respect the needs and interests of all people of all backgrounds.
Lavan is committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion is an integral part of the way we do business.
We recognise the value of attracting and retaining staff members with different backgrounds, knowledge, experiences and abilities.
These objectives are achieved by:
- Promoting diversity, equity and inclusion through our actions.
- Taking action to prevent and stop discrimination for any reason.
- Maintaining a culture that empowers staff members to act in accordance with this sustainable business practice.
What is diversity, equity and inclusion?
Diversity, equity and inclusion recognises and values the contribution of people with differences in background, experience and perspectives.
- Diversity encompasses gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation and religious belief.
- Equity acknowledges the historical and socio political factors that can impact an individual's experiences and opportunities.
- Inclusion represents acceptance and respect of the characteristics that make one individual different from another.
Lavan promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace by:
- Providing an inclusive workplace that embraces individual differences.
- Providing a workplace that is free from discriminatory behaviours and business practices.
- Providing equal employment opportunities for all based on capability and performance.
- Having an awareness of the different needs of staff members.
- The provision of flexible work practices and policies to support staff members.
- Increased creativity and innovation by attracting and retaining a diverse range of talented people.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is responsible for examining issues, sharing ideas and ensuring best practices regarding diversity and the firm’s workplace culture.
This sustainable business practice is to be read in conjunction with the following Lavan People Policies which are available on the Intranet:
- People Policy.
- Community Policy.
- Human Rights Policy.